Bartow, Fla. (Jan. 5, 2016) – Join the History Center for a special exhibit opening honoring Spessard L. Holland: Polk County’s Statesman.
Date: Thursday, Jan. 7, 2016
Time: 6 to 8 p.m.
Location: Polk County History Center
Address: 100 E. Main Street, Bartow, FL 33830
Speakers will include:
· Melony M. Bell, Vice Chair, District 2, Polk County Board of County Commissioners
· The Honorable Donald Jacobsen, Chief Judge
· The Honorable Stephen H. Grimes, retired Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Florida
· The Honorable Charles T. Canady, Justice, Supreme Court of Florida
· The Honorable Bill Nelson, US Senator from Florida
Bartow native Spessard L. Holland’s career in public service spanned 50 years, serving as county judge, Florida state senator, Florida governor and U.S. senator. Join us for this new exhibit opening on the 75thanniversary of Holland’s inauguration as Florida’s 28th governor. The Spessard L. Holland exhibit is sponsored by the Polk County Historical Association and is the centerpiece in the transformation of the 1908 Courtroom into a museum gallery documenting the history of the 10th Judicial Circuit.
About the Polk County History Center: The Polk County History Center is located at 100 E. Main St. in Bartow and is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Visitwww.polkhistorycenter.org or call(863) 534-4386 for more information on exhibits and programming