BARTOW, Fla. (June 2, 2017) – Polk County residents will need to reduce their outdoor water use beginning Monday when new restrictions begin.
The new restrictions apply to all customers, residential and commercial, in unincorporated Polk County and include water use from public and private water utilities, wells and surface waters. The Phase III watering restriction guidelines are scheduled to end Aug. 1, depending on weather conditions. Reclaimed water customers, please note, your irrigation dates and times will not change.
Potable (drinking) water, well and any source other than reclaimed water:
The one-day-per-week outdoor irrigation schedule allows customers to irrigate only once on their designated day:
|Address Numbers for Homes or Businesses:||May irrigate only on:||Between the hours of:|
|Ending in 0 or 1||Monday||Midnight and 8 a.m.
6 p.m. and Midnight
Regardless of property size
|Ending in 2 or 3||Tuesday|
|Ending in 4 or 5||Wednesday|
|Ending in 6 or 7||Thursday|
|Ending in 8 or 9||Friday|
|No address (community common areas, etc.)||Friday|
- Hand watering or micro-irrigation of plants (other than lawns) can be done on any day at any time, if needed.
- New lawns and plants may qualify for a 60-day establishment period. On days 1-30 they may be watered any day of the week. During days 31-60, they may be watered every other day. Even-numbered addresses on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Odd-numbered addresses may be watered on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. Additional requirements may apply.
All Reclaimed Water (Only) users will remain on the established 2-day per week irrigation schedule:
|Address Numbers for Homes or Businesses:||Watering Days:||Between the hours of:|
|Even Address||Thursday and/or Sunday||Midnight and 10 a.m.
4 p.m. and Midnight
|Odd Address||Wednesday and/or Saturday|
|No address (community common areas, etc.)||Tuesday and/or Friday|
Other Water Uses and Restrictions:
- Homeowners associations and other entities must suspend any requirement to replace lawns, pressure wash, or engage in other activity which increases water use during this water shortage declaration.
- Vehicle washing is limited to once per week on designated days for watering.
- There are no changes to professional car wash rules.
- Additional restrictions apply for pressure washing, fountain operations and fundraising events.
- Please see the Polk County website for additional details: http://www.polk-county.net
Those found violating the new restrictions will face a $50 fine on the first offense, a $200 fine for the second and a $500 fine for the third and subsequent offenses.
Any questions concerning Phase III Water Restrictions should be directed to the Polk County Utilities Water Resource Enforcement Office at (863) 298-4211, or visit Polk County on the web, http://www.polk-county.net.